There was an error in this gadget

Jan 11, 2013

Why Men Hate Going To Church By David Murrow

Being in the ministry,one can't help but wonder the number of men versus women in the church. For a long time i have often wondered if lack of leadership or submission has cause this predicament.As I read this book I thought about my church and other churches I've visited. I realized that all Christian religions have two things in common: Worship the same God and we have the same type of people. A Church dominated by women and men who hate being there“ There are two kinds of people in the church; the pillars and the caterpillars. the pillars uphold the church with their prayers; their work and their donations. they build the kingdom of God by the sweat of their brows. The caterpillars crawl in Sunday morning, sing a few songs, listen to a sermon and crawl out again , not to be seen for a week.” Because some many of the pillars of the church are women, “ imagine the chaos if every woman took Sunday off?”. Who do I recommend read this book? Any person who is serious about helping men find their places and maintain what God has given them. Men and women working together; side by side for the gospel of Jesus; no one left out. Men could also benefit from reading this book to see some of the “invisible” influences that have been affecting them. Overall, this was a very honest and much-needed book. Although the book is full of black and white categories and over-generalizations, the author has done his homework and as someone who has been intimately involved with church my entire life, there's just no questioning some of his observations and conclusions.  I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment